What happens during the Circles?
The 5 week journey we take together follows a similar format each week:
- Open Circle with a Blessing
- Guided Visualisation (to help us relax and drop out of our busy mind and into our body/heart)
- Sharing (what is present for you in your life and what sense are you making of it - we use a talking stick for this)
- Wisdom Sharing (we share what is relevant to what has come up in the Circle - but not advice)
- Close Circle with a Blessing
How do you ensure a ‘safe’ space?
At the start of our journey together, we create a set of Agreements that we work with. Typically they will be something like this:
- What is said within the circle must be kept confidential
- We listen to understand and speak to be understood
- We take turns to talk using the talking piece. If you hold the talking piece, it is your turn to talk and everyone else is to remain silent.
- We allow and invite silence for deeper reflection
- We withhold judgment and we respect our individual differences
- We offer personal experience rather than advice
- We take personal responsibility and ask for what we need
- We agree to mutually share in the co-creation of the Circle
- We agree to be on time each week
How many women are in the Circle?
Up to 9 participants. Any larger and the group can feel a bit too big for the way the Circle runs.
Do I have to attend each week?
Ideally all participants attend for the full 5 weeks. Showing up for ourselves and for each other is an important part of building trust and commitment within the Circle.
Is it compulsory to share?
No. You have choice at every step of the way with Circle. We are about empowerment, not forced exposure.
What is the philosophy of The Sister Circles?
The Circles are not based on any particular religion or philosophy, however we do have a set of Guiding Principles that create stable foundations for our Circles.
- Empowerment – Each individual is encouraged and supported to take responsibility for themselves and their actions.
- Integrity – There is transparency, congruency and honesty in all that is said and done.
- Trust – Built from honoring commitments and being true to agreements.
- Acceptance – Allow for different experiences and interpretations whilst withholding judgment.
- Love / Nurturing – Come from the heart-space with communication and support.
- Choice – Respect our own choices and the choices of others.
- Authenticity – Allow ourselves to courageously speak our truth at all times.
- Respect – Creating loving boundaries for ourselves and valuing the rights of others.
- Joy – Allowing for happiness and excitement to inspire us forward.
- Adventure – Setting intentions and trusting the process as it unfold.
I hope this helps answer some of your questions.
If you would like to join a Circle either in person or online, please email me or join my Mailing List so you can stay updated with the next round of dates.